Koolbridge Solar receives UL certification for intelligent breaker box
Koolbridge Solar’s Smart Load Center (SLC), an intelligent breaker box, has been awarded UL approval. The SLC achieved approval under UL 67 and UL 60730-1 listings.
The SLC provides data collection, reporting, monitoring and engagement by integrating the technology into a traditional breaker box format for a seamless software management solution for residential solar systems.
Even when solar and grid power are both available, the intelligence built into the SLC gives preference for using someone’s own solar power by switching as many breaker circuits to solar as it can at that time.
Once full production begins, the SLC will be made available initially through U.S. solar installers, dealers and resellers.
The Koolbridge Solar Smart Load Center intelligent breaker box has the following features:
- Preset user priorities — prioritizing loads to match available solar power to home power demand
- Minimize reliance on the electrical grid
- Maximizes use of your own free solar power
- Communicates with PCs or laptops
- Displays current and historical power usage by time, per circuit and per energy source
- Time-of-day dependent operations may be programmed
- Peak demand control
- Real-time appliance power usage
- Battery technology agnostic
- Inverter agnostic (inverter must be a load-supporting inverter and inverter and battery must be compatible)
- Integrated tracking of energy utilization independently for each branch circuit
- Coordination of total load on inverter and grid to avoid falling foul of time-of-use tariffs
- Dynamically adjusts loads to match the power available
- Fits flush between 16-in. spaced wall studs in standard U.S. wood-frame construction
News item from Koolbridge Solar